Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chili Cups




Oh my. I think this may be my new favorite dinner. It is so fast and easy to make up, and it makes great left-overs too! My mother-in-law Julie made these for superbowl Sunday, and I have been making then weekly ever since. I don't think my husband is as huge a fan as me, but oh well, he'll survive right? I simply top these with some Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream, but feel free to play around and add whatever sounds tasty to you. Also, I used a regular Campbell's chili, but for a totally meat-free meal, you can use your favorite Vegetarian Chili, or home-made as well, just make sure it's a thicker sauce, otherwise it will make the cups soggy. If you like a lot of dough, use the Grands biscuits, they will be on the softer side, if you want them thinner and crispy, like what you see in the pictures, use a regular biscuit.

1 can butter-tastin biscuits. (After using both, I prefer using the Grands)
2 cans Chili of your choice (Or homemade)
Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream
Toppings of your choice

Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tin and set aside. Flour counter or pastry mat and pop open can of biscuits. Roll out biscuit until it is big enough to fill the muffin cup and overlaps the top a little. Repeat with all biscuits. Fill each biscuit with Chili. Top with Cheese. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until edges are Golden Brown. Let sit for 5 min. and then remove from muffin tin. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment